ISLAMABAD: The Ministry of Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony on Thursday clarified that the ministry has not permitted any tour operator to receive money or applications for Hajj-2022 so far.
Talking to the state news agency APP, the ministry’s spokesperson Muhammad Umar Butt also urged the private tour operators and individuals to refrain from collecting money from intending pilgrims in advance.
He said there are certain private tour operators and individuals allegedly involved in collecting money in the wake of Hajj applications or registration which is totally an illegal act and a punishable offense.
The ministry had urged the people not to hand over their passports and money to any individual or operator unless a list of private tour operators with Hajj quota was posted on the ministry’s website www.hajjinfo.org and authorization of them to receive Hajj applications, he added.
Umar Butt also said if they found involved any individual or operator in this illegitimate practice, they should immediately intimate the ministry on its given phone numbers, 051-9205696, 051-9216980-82, so that necessary disciplinary action may be taken against them in accordance with the law.
He made it clear that those who did not follow the ministry’s instructions, would be responsible for their own loss.
He also clarified that the ministry has allowed designated branches of the scheduled banks to collect the Hajj applications with token money of Rs50,000.
He said the applications could be submitted online and via banks from May 1 to 13 while the token money could be deposited from May 9 to 13. It is pertinent to mention here that Pakistan has allotted a quota of 81,132 pilgrims this year.
It would be divided between the government and private schemes with a ratio of 60:40.