KARACHI: Sindh Minister for Information Syed Nasir Hussain Shah has said that serious action would be taken against those found involved in the collapse of a residential building in Karachi’s Golimar area.
He said that Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah had also taken direct notice of the incident and sought a report from the Commissioner Karachi and the concerned officers of the Sindh Building Control Authority.
While talking to a private news channel the minister said that the incident would investigate under his supervision and soon responsible will be traced, he added.
He said that the Sindh government was monitoring the treatment of the injured by itself, and it had been ensured that they received the best possible medical treatment.
He promised a thorough imperial investigation into the regrettable incident and said that stern action would be taken against whosoever, be it authorities of Sindh Building Control Authority or the builder, was found responsible.
Talking about the rescue operation, Shah said that all the relevant officials of the departments of Sindh Building Control Authority, Karachi Municipal Corporation and Provincial Disaster Management Authority reached the spot immediately and rescued the people, adding that the prompt action of officials in rescue operation was admired able.
He vowed that the government would try to ensure that all those who were injured in the incident received proper treatment facilities, adding that it would also ensure that in future no such incident takes place anywhere.
Shah said that the Sindh government was very serious that no illegal construction could be possible in the metropolis. Earlier on Thursday, At least 15 people have died and 32 others injured after a five-story building collapsed in Karachi’s Golimar near Rizvia police station.