Follow Us on Google News
Psychology is the scientific study of mind and behavior. It is a multifaceted discipline and includes many sub-fields of study such areas as human development, health, clinical, and social behavior.
Ever wondered why you feel the way you do, or do the things you do? The way your mind functions has a lot to do with the way you are, and the things you do.
Here are 20 psychology facts everyone should know, and some of them might surprise you:
1) Phobias may be memories passed down through generations in DNA.
2) There is a gene that can cause you to be negative most of the time.
3) People who stay up late tend to be risk-takers.
4) Writers are more likely to suffer from bipolar disorder than those working in uncreative fields.
5) Having no friends could be as deadly as smoking, a Harvard University study suggested.
6) Phobophobia is the fear of having a phobia. There are more than 400 distinct phobias well recognized by psychologists.
7) Living in sight of water can make you calmer, happier, and more creative, a study found.
8) Your favorite song is probably such because you associate it with an emotional event in your life.
9) The type of music you listen to affects the way you perceive the world.
10) Millionaires who have earned their wealth are moderately happier than those who inherited it, a 2018 psychology study found.
11) Spending money on others yields more happiness than spending it on yourself.
12) Romantic love is biochemically indistinguishable from having a severe obsessive-compulsive disorder.