KARACHI: The Sindh government has once again decided to shut down indoor dining and schools in Karachi to combat the spread of the coronavirus epidemic.
On the increase in coronavirus cases and delta virus cases in Sindh, the provincial coronavirus task force proposed to implement the recommendations of the Sindh Health Department while important decisions were taken in the meeting of the provincial coronavirus task force chaired by the Chief Minister Sindh.
Awareness in the meeting
* The rate of new cases in Karachi was 17.11% yesterday.
* The rate of new cases in the province has increased to 7.4 percent.
* 16 thousand 262 tests were done yesterday, 1201 cases came to light.
Sindh government’s decision
* Amusement parks, water parks, sea view, Hawke’s Bay, Kenjhar closed from Friday.
* Cinema, indoor gym, and indoor games closed.
* Indoor dining closed from last night.
* School closed from first-class to eighth Friday.
* Ninth grade and above educational institutions will be closed except for examinations
It may be mentioned that in view of the fourth wave of coronavirus cases, Sindh Transport Department has issued new orders for passenger vehicles. A special drive will be launched to check the corona vaccination certificates of passengers, the Sindh Transport Department said, adding that vehicles at inter-city and intra-city bus stands will be checked by special teams.
In addition, the implementation of corona SOPs will also be monitored in passenger vehicles going to recreational and tourist destinations. The special campaign of the Department of Transport regarding Corona SOPs will continue till July 18. The Sindh Transport Department said that Corona vaccine certificates were checked in Sukkur, Larkana, and Hyderabad. Passengers, conductors, and drivers have been warned on the first day of the check.