KARACHI: Sindh Chief Minister (CM) Murad Ali Shah has rejected rumors of lockdown in Sindh province in the wake of coronavirus outbreak.
In a statement here on Sunday, Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah said some people spread propaganda, adding that there is no truth in the news circulating on the various sections of the social media about lockdown amid coronavirus in Sindh.
Murad said that officials would soon lunch action under cybercrime act against those spreading panic among the people. He said that he had issued directives to concerned officials to write a letter to the Federal Investigation Agency in this regard.
Meanwhile, Sindh Information Minister Nasir Shah also rebutted rumors of any lockdown in the province amid coronavirus fears. The minister said the provincial government has taken adequate measures to deal with the deadly virus outbreak, no need to store groceries, he added.
The total number of new coronavirus cases in Pakistan has jumped to 31, with the latest cases reported in Karachi and Islamabad on Saturday.
Sindh health department in a twitter statement said that the coronavirus infected patient reached in Pakistan from Saudi Arab a few days back and was tested positive today.
This brings the total number of cases to 17 in Sindh out of which two have recovered and sent home and 14 are under treatment,” the statement added. Karachi has been the worst affected city so far.
#Sindh Health Department has a new cases of Corona Virus in Karachi. The patient arrived from Saudi Arab a few days back and was tested positive today. This brings the total number of cases to 16 in Sindh out of which 2 have recovered and sent home and 14 are under treatment.
— Health and Population Welfare Department, Sindh (@SindhHealthDpt) March 14, 2020