fbpx mmnews

Three siblings die after consuming poisonous substance in Karachi

KARACHI: Three siblings died after consuming some poisonous substance in the Gulshan-e-Iqbal area of the metropolis on Saturday.

According to sources, three children, two boys and a girl, died after consuming toxic food in Gulshan-e-Iqbal. Their mother also fell unconscious after consuming the toxic substance.

Hospital sources said that three children between four and seven years of age were brought dead to the hospital. A woman was also brought to the hospital in critical condition.

SSP East Sajid said that the family had sprayed chemicals in the apartment today to kill the bedbugs.

Recently, four children died while 25 others fell unconscious after consuming what authorities claim to be ‘poisonous’ food.

According to initial reports by witnesses and doctors, around 30 villagers were affected and were rushed to Naukot hospital after eating ‘biryani and kheer’ at a soyem in Tharparkar’s Bachal Soomro village.

Doctors there pronounced four children dead, two of whom were said to be approximately a year-and-a-half and 12 years old. Others, who had fainted and according to doctors were “critically ill” were taken to hospitals in Tharparkar and Mirpur Khas.

According to the hospital sources, the attendants who brought the patients to the hospital had told him that they had consumed some biryani and kheer before falling ill. Due to the death of the four children, the doctors said that the food must be investigated for traces of “poison”.

Meanwhile, the police said that an investigation is underway and they had collected samples of the said food for testing.