Nawaz’s removal from ECL isn’t personal choice: Naseem

Amendment act: Farogh Naseem to represent govt's plea to SC
ISLAMABAD: Federal Law Minister Farogh Naseem has said that decision of lifting Nawaz Sharif’s name from the Exit Control List (ECL) did not depend on anyone’s personal choice.
Talking to media, Farogh Naseem said, “The federal cabinet will hold the final decision after recommendations, entirely based on merit, by its subcommittee.”
Naseem said that no time-span has been set to announce the verdict regarding Nawaz Sharif’s name removal from the ECL.

Also read: Nawaz’s UK trip delayed as name not removed from ECL

In this regard, the subcommittee was held earlier on Tuesday and would be held today as well to decide that whether name of Nawaz Sharif would be lifted from the ECL or not.
As mentioned, the federal committee a Rs 7 million demanded Pakistan Muslim League-N (PML-N) to submit surety bonds worth Rs 7 billion in return of removing Nawaz’s name from the ECL.

Also read: Former PM Abbasi shifted to private hospital

Nawaz Sharif, however, rejected the government’s offer made on medical gro­unds and to pay Rs 7 billion as surety bonds equivalent to the fines imposed on him by an accountability court in two corruption cases in which he was convicted.
Comments: 0

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *