No Result
View All Result
Tuesday, August 11, 2026
MM News
اردو
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • National
  • Showbiz
    Nimra Khan tied the knot for her second time in a private ceremony in Paris in June 2026, marrying Zain Hamid following her previous marriage to Raja Azam, which ended in 2021.

    Actress Momal Khalid confirms end of Nimra Khan’s second marriage

    “I still don’t know how I became successful”: Atif Aslam

    Las Vegas sphere glows with BTS x Gemini collaboration for ‘ARIRANG’

    Nimra Khan’s cryptic posts fuel divorce rumours

    Indian court summons Salman Khan, sister in Rs3 Crore jewellery dispute

    Juggun Kazim breaks silence on father’s death and turbulent childhood

    Aynak Wala Jinn rights row: New film director calls Hafeez Tahir’s claims baseless

    Veteran actor Pradeep Rawat dies at 74 after battle with cancer

    In a recent interview, the late comedian's daughters appealed to Sohail Ahmed to stop discussing their father in the media, saying his comments had caused unnecessary distress.

    ‘Let our father rest in peace’: Allah Rakha Pepsi’s daughters hit back at Sohail Ahmed’s comments

    On August 3, photographers captured the couple strolling hand in hand in the city of Paris. Dressed casually in workout clothes and sunglasses, Hadid and Cooper were each carrying water flasks as they walked to their destination. (Instagram)

    Rumor has it Gigi Hadid and Bradley Cooper secretly tied the knot

  • Thought Box
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Technology
  • The Other Side
MM News
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • National
  • Showbiz
    Nimra Khan tied the knot for her second time in a private ceremony in Paris in June 2026, marrying Zain Hamid following her previous marriage to Raja Azam, which ended in 2021.

    Actress Momal Khalid confirms end of Nimra Khan’s second marriage

    “I still don’t know how I became successful”: Atif Aslam

    Las Vegas sphere glows with BTS x Gemini collaboration for ‘ARIRANG’

    Nimra Khan’s cryptic posts fuel divorce rumours

    Indian court summons Salman Khan, sister in Rs3 Crore jewellery dispute

    Juggun Kazim breaks silence on father’s death and turbulent childhood

    Aynak Wala Jinn rights row: New film director calls Hafeez Tahir’s claims baseless

    Veteran actor Pradeep Rawat dies at 74 after battle with cancer

    In a recent interview, the late comedian's daughters appealed to Sohail Ahmed to stop discussing their father in the media, saying his comments had caused unnecessary distress.

    ‘Let our father rest in peace’: Allah Rakha Pepsi’s daughters hit back at Sohail Ahmed’s comments

    On August 3, photographers captured the couple strolling hand in hand in the city of Paris. Dressed casually in workout clothes and sunglasses, Hadid and Cooper were each carrying water flasks as they walked to their destination. (Instagram)

    Rumor has it Gigi Hadid and Bradley Cooper secretly tied the knot

  • Thought Box
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Technology
  • The Other Side
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
MM News
اردو
  • Latest
  • Showbiz
  • Thought Box
  • Business & Stock
  • Opinions
  • Technology
  • The Other Side-Pakistan
Home World

US troops in Afghanistan will soon be reduced to 4,000: Trump

MM News Staff by MM News Staff
August 5, 2020
Reading Time: 2 mins read

WASHINGTON: United States President Donald Trump has said the US military presence in Afghanistan will be reduced from 4,000 to 5,000 by November this year.
Donald Trump’s remarks came as the Afghan Taliban said that its chief peace negotiator in a video meeting with US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo discussed the state of the Afghan peace process. 
“It’s already decided. We will be down in a very short period of time to 8,000 [troops], then we’re going to be down to 4,000, we are negotiating right now. We have been there for 19 years,” Trump told the media outlet.
Earlier on Saturday, while speaking to reporters, Trump also stressed, “We are leaving Afghanistan fairly shortly.” The US military began a gradual drawdown soon after the Trump administration sealed a peace pact with the Taliban insurgency in February to close the 19-year-old Afghan war, America’s longest.

Read more: Read more: President Trump announces ban on Chinese-owned video app TikTok  

The United States has since reduced the number of its troops to 8,600 from around 13,000 and vacated five Afghan military bases. 
The deal called for all American and allied troops to leave Afghanistan by July 2021 in return for assurances that the Islamist insurgency would prevent the country from becoming a safe haven for transnational terrorists. 
US officials said that the agreement also binds the Taliban to negotiate a political settlement with rival Afghan groups to end decades of hostilities in the conflict-torn country. 
The proposed intra-Afghan peace dialogue, however, is tied to the release of 5,000 Taliban prison inmates under a protracted prisoner swap between the insurgent group and the Afghan government, which was not part of the US-negotiated pact. 
ADVERTISEMENT
Tags: Donald TrumpNovemberUnited StatesUS-negotiated pact
ShareTweetSendShare
Previous Post

CDA to hire consultant for drainage projects

Next Post

Ghost employees detected in RCB’s sanitation dept

Related Stories

World

Colombia earthquake death toll rises to 27

August 10, 2026
A man leaves an apartment building after an earthquake struck Cali, Colombia, on Monday.Santiago Saldarriaga / AP
World

7.2-magnitude earthquake jolts Colombia

August 10, 2026
A composite satellite image shows trail of smoke rising from an oil facility, in Jizan, Jazan province, Saudi Arabia, July 26, 2026. European Union/Copernicus Sentinel-2/Handout via REUTERS/File Photo
World

Yemen’s Houthis say they attacked Saudi Aramco Jazan refinery

August 9, 2026
World

Case filed in India against US-based scholar Mufti Dr Yasir Nadeem Al-Wajidi

August 8, 2026
Next Post

Ghost employees detected in RCB's sanitation dept

Latest

SBP expects inflation to ease, reserves to rise by FY27 end

4 hours ago

13-year-old girl raped by neighbor in Punjab’s Sheikhupura

4 hours ago

Pakistanis to enjoy 3-day holiday THIS week

4 hours ago

Rawal Sharjeel Memon says he is in Pakistan, denies guesthouse ownership

4 hours ago

PTA issues alert about SIM card fraud

5 hours ago

Sindh govt defers decision to form judicial commission for Mir Raza case

6 hours ago

Rs1.99/unit relief set to end in Pakistan

6 hours ago

Daily oil price review and inflation targeting in Pakistan

6 hours ago

Latest

SBP expects inflation to ease, reserves to rise by FY27 end

4 hours ago

13-year-old girl raped by neighbor in Punjab’s Sheikhupura

4 hours ago

Pakistanis to enjoy 3-day holiday THIS week

4 hours ago

Rawal Sharjeel Memon says he is in Pakistan, denies guesthouse ownership

4 hours ago

PTA issues alert about SIM card fraud

5 hours ago

Sindh govt defers decision to form judicial commission for Mir Raza case

6 hours ago

MM Digital (Pvt.) Ltd.

MM News is a subsidiary of the MM Group of Companies. It was established in 2019 with the aim of providing people of Pakistan access to unbiased information. Contact Details: 03200201537

Quick Links

  • Home
  • Advertise
  • MM News Urdu
  • The Other Side-Pakistan
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

Top Pages

  • Latest News
  • Showbiz
  • OP-ED
  • Technology
No Result
View All Result
  • Latest News
  • Showbiz
  • Thought Box
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Technology

© Copyright 2024 MMNews - All Rights Reserved.