RAWALPINDI: The Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) on Monday announced major appointments and postings on several military posts.
According to the ISPR, two major generals have been promoted to the rank of Lieutenant Generals.
Major General Muhammad Saeed has also been promoted to the rank of Lt General and appointed as the president of the National Defence University.
Lieutenant General Sahir Shamshad Mirza has been appointed Chief of General Staff.
According to the ISPR, following postings and appointments have been made.
- Lieutenant General Nadeem Zaki Manj appointed Director General Strategic Plans Division Force
- Lieutenant General Muhammad Amir appointed Adjutant General
- Lieutenant General Shaheen Mazhar Mehmood appointed Commander Mangla Corps
- Lieutenant General Nauman Mahmood appointed Commander Peshawar Corps
- Lieutenant General Ali Amir Awan appointed Inspector General Communications & Information Technology (IG C&IT)
On Nov 21, the Prime Minister House announced that Prime Minister Imran Khan has appointed Lieutenant General Nadeem Raza as the Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee with effect from November 27.
The incumbent General Zubair Mahmood Hayat is serving as the CJCSC and is set to retire on November 28, 2019.