fbpx mmnews

TikTok denies rumours of talking with Triller to sell US operations

BEIJING: Popular Chinese-owned Video app TikTok has said that it is not in talks with its rival, Triller, for selling giving ownership of operations in the United States.

A spokesperson of the social media app confirmed the news while talking to a US-based business news channel. The spokesperson said, “We can confirm that we are not and will not be in talks with them. Still, we are flattered by how much they admire TikTok.”

His remarks come days after reports emerged that Triller has made a $20 billion offer to TikTok investment firm Centricus Asset Management for acquiring assets of a rival. Earlier on Saturday,  Triller’s executive chairman Bobby Sarnevesht said that the video-sharing app has made a $20 billion offer with investment firm Centricus Asset Management for acquiring assets of rival TikTok that China’s ByteDance is seeking to a overtake.

On contacting, both ByteDance and TikTok denied information related to any such deal, raising serious concerns over whether the proposed deal represented a serious bid or was a publicity stunt. United States President Donald Trump has directed ByteDance to divest TikTok in the country, amid security concerns over the personal data it handles.

Do you want to read authentic news from Pakistan & across the world? So download MM News App Now !
Comments: 0

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *