KARACHI: A fire that broke out in a private school in the Gulshan-e-Iqbal area of the metropolis on Tuesday.
The administration of the school said the fire broke out in a room of the school due to a short circuit in Gulshan-e-Iqbal’s Block- 5. The children were safely evacuated from the building.
A vehicle of the fire brigade was summoned to the school, after getting the information and control over the fire. the administration while talking to the media said the fire broke out due to short-circuit in a school’s room, however children and staff of the school remained unhurt.
On December 16, a fire broke out at a hotel situated at the Karachi Fish Harbour in the wee hours of Monday which gutted at least nine luxury yachts.
The fire that at first erupted at a hotel spread very speedily due to high winds and engulfed yachts parked at the Karachi Fish Harbour. At least 12 vehicles of Fire Brigade, Navy, KPT and KMC summoned the site and had controlled the blaze after hours of fire efforts.