fbpx mmnews

Dua Zehra married Lahore’s resident Zaheer Ahmed: police

Whereabouts of missing Karachi teenage girl Dua traced: Sindh CM

KARACHI: The police on Monday claimed that the 14-year-old girl, Dua Zehra, who was allegedly kidnapped from outside her house in Karachi’s Al Falah area, has gotten married to Zaheer Ahmed – a resident of Lahore’s Shershah area.

A team of Anti-Violent Crime Cell conducted a raid in Punjab and recovered missing girl Dua Zehra, South Senior Superintendent of Police Zubair Nazeer Shaikh confirmed.

Meanwhile, Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah has also confirmed the development, saying that the whereabouts of Dua Zehra have been traced. Shah did not provide further details as he said the matter was “sensitive”.

The police said that Dua has gotten married to a boy, who is a resident of Lahore. The marriage certificate of the teenager has been obtained by the police and is being verified.

In a statement, Dua Zehra told the Lahore Police that she was not kidnapped, adding that she reached the city on her own. The police further said that they would soon share the girl’s video statement.

Earlier on Saturday, it emerged that police investigators probing the kidnapping of Dua Zehra have sought technical assistance from intelligence agencies for her recovery.

“We are focusing technically to solve the kidnapping case of the 14-year-old girl, Dua Zehra,” observed South Senior Superintendent of Police Zubair Nazeer Shaikh.

The 14-year-old girl went missing from the Golden Town area 10 days ago, triggering a sense of fear among the masses. The teenager’s family said she had gone downstairs to dispose of some garbage. They also revealed that she hasn’t been in school for a year and a half now.

“I don’t have an enmity with anyone. I have received two calls for ransom from the kidnappers. One of the calls was made from a landline number, while the other was made from a mobile phone number on WhatsApp,” said the father. After receiving the ransom calls, he immediately informed the police about them.

Police conducted multiple raids but failed to recover the girl. The police had claimed that she might have left the house of her own choice but the family had rejected it.

Comments: 0

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *