5 times when Pakistanis miserably failed Jinnah
Pakistan is observing 71st death anniversary of the founding father. We, the people, desire to follow his footsteps, but, till now we have failed him miserably.
1. No nation can rise to the height of glory unless your women are side by side with you.
- Pakistan is the second-worst country in the world in terms of gender parity, ranking 148 out of 149 countries in the ‘Global Gender Gap Index 2018’ report released by the World Economic Forum (WEF)
- Thomson Reuters Foundation (TRF) has mentioned Pakistan as the sixth most dangerous country for women.
- Human Rights Watch and the HRCP cite the number of acid attack victims to be as high 400–750 per year
2. Think 100 times before you take a decision, But once that decision is taken, stand by it as one man
- Accords, not holy Quran or Hadith- Asif Ali Zardari- Former President of Pakistan
- U-turn is a hallmark of great leadership- Imran Khan- Prime Minister of Pakistan
3. One of the biggest curses from which India is suffering – I do not say that other countries are free from it, but I think our condition is much worse – is bribery and corruption. That really is a poison
- Transparency International’s 2017 Corruption Perception Index ranks the country 117th out of 180 countries Pakistan
- “I don’t say that there is no corruption in my ministry, but the question is where it is not.”- Ghulam Ahmad Bilour – Ex Federal Railway Minister
- “Like any other government, Corruption is our right!”- Abdul Qayum Jatoi- Member of Provincial Assembly
4. Pakistan is not going to be a theocratic State – to be ruled by priests with a divine mission. We have many non-Muslims – Hindus, Christians, and Parsis – but they are all Pakistanis.
- According to the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan data, around 1,000 Hindu families fled to India in 2013
- According to CNN 2010 report, more than 100 Ahmadis were killed in that year.
- According to the data compiled by South Asia Terrorism Portal, there have been 446 incidents of violence against the Shia Muslims in Pakistan between 2003 and May 2016, in which more than 2558 people have been killed and over 4518 others injured
5. The first duty of a government is to maintain law and order so that the life, property, and religious beliefs of its subjects are fully protected by the State
- More than 8000 people were murdered in Pakistan – 2018
- More than 3 dozen of terrorist incidents took place in Pakistan- 2018
- 62 cases of Acid attacks were reported- 2018