Breaking news

Murtaza Wahab urges to reconsider decision of reopening schools

KARACHI: Sindh government spokesperson Murtaza Wahab today (Saturday) has urged the Sindh Education Department and the federal government to reconsider their decision of reopening schools.

The provincial spokesperson took to Twitter and put his concerns forward as a parent and requested the concerned authorities to reconsider the decision, stating that the situation is still not certain.

“As a parent, I would request the Education Department, Government of Sindh as well as the Federal government to reconsider the decision of opening up the schools especially the primary sections,” he said.

“The coronavirus situation is still not certain and children may not be able to follow the standard operating procedures (SOPs),” he said in the tweet.

Earlier on September 7, Federal Education Minister Shafqat Mahmood announced that the educational institutions will reopen across the country in phases starting September 15.

The education minister had said that the National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) worked hard and consulted with members of think tanks, specialists, and kept reviewing the situation in the region.

Earlier today (Saturday), the Sindh government announced that there will be no winter vacations this year for educational institutions reopening from 15th September across the province.

Sindh Education and Labour Minister Saeed Ghani said that educational institutions will also continue teaching on Saturdays and there will be no winter vacations this year.

Comments: 0

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

<