Kashmore gang-rape child’s injuries highly infected: Doctors

Man allegedly rapes pregnant sister-in-law in Sheikhupura

KARACHI: Doctors at the National Institute of Child Health have said that the injuries of the four-year-old Kashmore gang-rape victim were serious and highly infected.

As per details, the four-year-old girl was shifted to the NICH from Kashmore in the early hours of this morning. She was initially operated at Larkana and subsequently, due to respiratory distress, a chest tube was passed through her to provide breathing relief.

Director NICH Professor Jamal Raza said the victim was being kept in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) without a ventilator.

He said the girl currently stable and is being kept in the ICU without a ventilator. however, that the child was in a state of shock, he added.

Professor Jamal Raza further said that the injuries of the girl were serious and highly infected, adding that she was initially examined by the surgical team at the operation theatre. He said the wounds were cleaned and managed.

“There is an indication of contamination and severe infection for which medications are being given. There is no urgent surgical procedure required now and we will try to control the infections and review the situation,” Raza added.

He said a medical board comprising surgeons and specialists has been constituted to treat the girl. He said that if required, the help of gynecologists and other Karachi medical specialists from other health facilities will be sought.

In a ghastly incident that shocked the entire nation, a woman and her daughter from Karachi were allegedly gang-raped by men in Kashmore. The woman traveled to the city from Karachi after she was duped by the main suspect on a job offer.

The prime suspect in the Kashmore gang-rape was killed by an accomplice on Friday, police had disclosed.

According to Larkana’s deputy inspector-general (DIG) of police, Nasir Aftab, the main suspect who was arrested following the Kashmore gang-rape — identified as Rafiq Ahmed Malik — was shot dead by an accomplice as police drove him to one of the various suspected locations he had identified earlier.

Senior superintendent of police Amjad Shaikh informed that during the interrogation, Rafiq had disclosed some of the hideouts of Khairullah Bugti, identified as the second suspect in the case, and demanded that he be taken to catch the absconding man.

As security officers reached the RD-09 police station near Bakhshapur, Bugti had opened fire at them from his hideout and killed Rafiq. Police were able to detain the second suspect, Shaikh said and recovered weapons from his possession.


Download MM News mobile application and keep yourself updated.