fbpx mmnews

Indian man falls ill as he receives Rs 3,419 crore electricity bill

India: Resident of Gwalior, got shocked when he received an electricity bill

In India, a citizen rushed to the hospital in shock after seeing an electricity bill of crores of rupees.

According to the details, the authorities in India sent a bill, not thousands, not millions but more than 3 crore Indian rupees to the citizen.

According to media reports, this incident came to light in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh, where Sanjeev’s father, a resident of Gwalior, got shocked when he received an electricity bill of more than 3 crore Indian rupees.

Sanjeev says my father fell ill after seeing the electricity bill received on 20th July and had to be taken to hospital.

Read More: Over 236,000 die annually from drowning worldwide: WHO

According to reports, on receiving such a high bill, Sanjeev went to the authorities and lodged his complaint, after which the Madhya Pradesh government-run power company termed it a human error and later issued a correct bill of Rs 1,300.

Power company officials said that our employee had entered the customer’s registered number instead of the units used in the software, resulting in a  higher bill.

According to Indian media, Energy Minister Pardeoman Singh says that the mistake has been rectified while the action is being taken against the concerned employee.

Get the MMnews App now & scroll through your favourite content faster!
Comments: 0

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *