ISLAMABAD: State Minister for Parliamentary Affairs, Ali Muhammad Khan, stated on Friday that the Benazir Income Support Program (BISP) is not being changed.
While answering to the comment by Nafeesa Shah, leader of the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP), minister Ali Muhammad khan said the federal government has not made any decision to change BISP name, adding, that government has initiated a comprehensive Ehsaas program and raised its allocations to 190 billion rupees from 100 billion rupees.
READ MORE: Shehbaz Sharif to chair party meeting tomorrow in London
He further said several initiatives for deprived sectors of the society are being implemented under the Ehsaas program. The response came after Nafeesa Shah of PPP lambasted Pakistan’s Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) government for changing the BISP name.
Earlier On Friday, the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) started an investigation into four government officials who were suspended from their positions in two phases to take advantage of the Benazir Income Support Program (BISP).
The FIA headquarters sent officers ‘ data to all regional zones while a letter was also sent to the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) seeking information on the family tree, biometrics and their profession.
READ ALSO: FM Qureshi to return home after completing his visit to Kenya
The investigation against such officers will be undertaken in the first phase and their facilitators will be arrested in the second phase. Data on the pay and employment of those officers were also decided to seek from the Auditor General of Pakistan Revenue (AGPR).