fbpx mmnews

Documentary on Saudi Crown Prince set to air on Oct.1

RIYADH: Saudi Arabia’s crown prince has said to Reuters that he bears responsibility for the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi last year by Saudi operatives.

The de facto ruler of Saudi Arabia, Mohammed Bin Salman (MBS), was talking to a PBS documentary crew where he acknowledged that he is responsible for the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi “because it happened under my watch,” according to a PBS documentary.

Mohammed Bin Salman, the unofficial rule of the oil-rich kingdom, has not spoken publicly about the murder which took place inside the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul. The CIA and other Western intelligence services said the Saudi Authorities ordered it whereas, the Kingdom has always denied that they had no part in the play.

“as because it happened under my watch,” he told PBS’ Martin Smith, according to the trailer of a documentary, “The Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia,” set to air on Oct. 1, ahead of the one-year anniversary of Khashoggi’s death.

The documentary is all set to air on Oct 1, the documentary covers Mohammed Bin Salman’s revolutionary steps which aim to recover the Saudi economy from its oil addiction.

Jamal Khashoggi, a Saudi national and Washington Post columnist, was last seen at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on Oct. 2, where he was to receive papers ahead of his wedding. His body was reportedly dismembered and removed from the building, and his remains have not been found.

Comments: 0

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *