Two US soldiers killed, six injured in Afghan forces’ attack
Back to top
KABUL: Two American soldiers were killed and six others injured in Afghan soldiers attack the US military in Afghanistan’s Nangarhar area on Sunday.
the US military confirmed that the incident took place late Saturday in Nangarhar province in eastern Afghanistan when US and Afghan commandos attacked on Us military at a base in Sherzad district.
US Forces-Afghanistan spokesman Sonny Leggett said in a statement on Sunday an individual in an Afghan uniform opened fire on the combined US and Afghan force with a machine gun.
According to Provincial governor Shah Mahmood Meyakil it was not instantly clear if the incident was a deliberate act by a pre-plan or an accident.
Leggett also stressed the reason behind the attack could not be ascertained yet.
In a tweet, the US Army’s 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) said some of its soldiers had been killed.
Adding that some injured during battle operations in Afghanistan. However, no group immediately claimed responsibility for the attack.