From passing Anti Rape act to use of EVMs: Here’s a list of bills passed in Parliament
The government recently passed amendments through the Parliament’s joint sitting amid strong protests by the Opposition lawmakers.
The government successfully passed amendments to the Elections Act, 2017, allowing the use of electronic voting machines (EVMs) and giving overseas Pakistanis the right to vote in general elections. Here is a list of bills passed in Parliament which was approved.
- Election Act Amendment allowing use of EVMs & granting voting rights to overseas Pakistanis.
- International Court of Justice Bill.
- Islamabad charities registration bill.
- National College of Arts Institute Bill.
- SBP Banking Services Corporation (Amendment) Bill.
- Hyderabad Institute for Technical & Management Sciences Bill.
- Islamabad Rent Restriction (Amendment) Bill.
- Criminal Law (Amendment) Bill.
- Corporate Restructuring Cos (Amendment) Bill.
- Uni of Islamabad Bill.
- Financial Institutions (Secured Transactions) (Amendment) Bill.
- Federal Public Service Commission (Validation of Rules) Bill.
- Loans for Agricultural, Commercial and Industrial Purposes (Amendment) Bill.
- Companies (Amendment) Bill.
- National Vocational and Technical Training Commission (Amendment) Bill.
- Pakistan Academy of Letters (Amendment) Bill.
- Port Qasim Authority (Amendment) Bill, 2021.
- Pakistan National Shipping Corporation (Amendment) Bill, 2021.
- Anti-Rape Bill.
- Gwadar Port Authority (Amendment) Bill.
- Maritime Security Agency (Amendment) Bill.
- Privatisation Commission (Amendment) Bill.
- Covid-19 (Prevention of Hoarding) Bill.
- Al-Karam International Institute Bill.
- Islamabad Capital Territory Prohibition of Corporal Punishment Bill.
- Muslim Family Laws (Amendment) Bill.