ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Imran Khan on Tuesday strongly condemned the terrorist attacks in Balochistan in which four Frontier Corps (FC) soldiers were martyred and eight sustained injuries.
“My prayers and condolences go to the martyrs’ families,” the premier said in a tweet. “We will continue our fight against these terrorists and will not allow them to sabotage peace and development in Balochistan,” the PM added.
Strongly condemn terrorist attacks against our soldiers in Balochistan last night, martyring 4 soldiers & injuring 8. My prayers & condolences go to the martyrs families. We will continue our fight ag these terrorists & will not allow them to sabotage peace & dev in Balochistan.
— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) June 1, 2021
The two separate terrorist attacks took place in Quetta and Turbat late on Monday night. Earlier, according to a statement issued by the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) on late May 31, an FC post near Pir Ismail Ziarat in Quetta was targeted by terrorists.
“Exchange of fire continues. 4-5 terrorists killed while 7/8 are injured. During an exchange of fire 4 brave FC soldiers embraced shahadat [martyrdom] while 6 soldiers got injured,” the military’s media wing said.
In another incident, the ISPR said terrorists targeted an FC vehicle with an improvised explosive device (IED) in Turbat. Resultantly, two soldiers of the paramilitary force got injured.
“Such coward acts by inimical elements backed by anti-state forces and HIAs [hostile international agencies] cannot sabotage the hard-earned peace and prosperity in Balochistan,” it said in the official communique.
Security forces are determined to neutralise their nefarious designs even at the cost of blood and lives, the ISPR added. Earlier in May, at least four personnel of the FC were martyred while six others injured in a terrorist attack in Zhob district,
The FC troops were part of a fencing party working on the Pak-Afghan border when they came under attack from Afghanistan.