New Zealand abandon Australia’s tour after new travel restriction

New Zealand abandon Australia’s tour after new travel restriction
New Zealand abandoned their on-going ODI tour to Australia after Wellington tightened border restrictions amid coronavirus outbreak.
New Zealand has lost the first ODI of the three-match series by 71 runs and the second was scheduled to play the second ODI on Sunday.
The remaining two ODI matches, along with three T20 matches between Australia and New Zealand were postponed.       
However, the New Zealand team will fly back to home immediately after their Prime Minister Ardern announced that everyone entering the country from midnight Sunday would have to self-isolate for 14 days.
In this regard, Australian Cricket Board has said, “In response to New Zealand’s new travel restrictions the Cricket Australia has been advised that the team will return home immediately.”
The board further said that both the cricketing nation will work together to identify future opportunities to play both series.
New Zealand has so far confirmed six cases of coronavirus and has recorded no fatalities.
Do you want to read authentic news from Pakistan & across the world? So download MM News App Now !
Comments: 0

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *