fbpx mmnews

NAB approves inquiries against Dr Zafar Mirza, former health minister

NAB approves inquiries against Dr Zafar Mirza, former health minister
ISLAMABAD: National Accountability Bureau (NAB) has approved inquires against Special Assistant to Prime Minister on National Health Services, Dr. Zafar Mirza, and former health minister Amir Mehmood Kiyani.
According to a press release issued today (Tuesday), the decision to launch inquiries against the two officials was taken in a meeting of NAB’s executive board, chaired by NAB Chairman Justice (r) Javed Iqbal.  
The press release said, “NAB has also approved inquiries against certain officials of Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority (PCAA) and Capital Development Authority (CDA).
The details related to the inquiries against Kiani and the officials of the PCAA and CDA were unclear in the press release; however, the one against Dr. Mirza was made based on complaints against him.
The press release further said, “It has been NAB’s policy to publicly release the minutes of our executive board’s meetings,” adding that the purpose of releasing these details was not to hurt the sentiments of individuals named but to ensure transparency.
The anti-graft watchdog said its courts across the country were currently investigating 1,229 cases of corruption, worth more than Rs900 billion.
Earlier in April 2019, Amir Mehmood Kiani was removed as the health minister back in April 2019 during a major Cabinet reshuffle. He faces allegations of illegally bumping up the prices of medicines.
On the other hand, the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) had recently initiated action on a complaint of the Young Pharmacists Association, which had accused Dr. Mirza in smuggling face masks.
Comments: 0

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *