Sindh reports 8 deaths, 429 new COVID-19 cases

KARACHI: The novel COVID-19 has claimed eight more lives and infected 429 people in the last 24 hours in Sindh province.
Chief Minister Sindh, Syed Murad Ali Shah disclosed that eight more patients died overnight lifting the death toll to 2,290 that constituted 1.8 percent.
CM Murad further said that 429 new cases emerged when 10050 tests were conducted that constituted a 4% current detection rate.
He said, “So far 844,705 tests have been conducted which detected 15 percent result, or 124,556 cases, of the 117, 637 or 94 percent patients have recovered, including 1653 overnight.”
Currently, 4,629 patients were under treatment, of the 4,239 in-home isolation, seven at Isolation Centers and 383 in different hospitals, Shah added.
The chief minister said that the condition of 248 patients was stated to be critical, including 38 who have been shifted to ventilators.
According to Murad Ali Shah, out of 429 new cases, 200 have been detected from Karachi. They include 67 from South, 57 East, 33 Korangi, 17 Malir, 16 central and 10 West, he informed.
Sanghar and Kashmore have 24 cases each, Jamshoro 18, Hyderabad 15, Umerkot 14, Ghotki 12, Khairpur 11, Shikarpur 10, Sujawal eight, Larkana and Tando Allahyar seven each, Mirpurkhas and Jacobabad six each, Shaheed Benazirabad five, Badin and Naushehroferoze four each, Kambar two, Tando Mohammad Khan and Thatta one each.
On Monday, the provincial government had lifted lockdown restrictions. The government had allowed shops and markets to remain open from 6 am to 8 pm on weekdays and till 9 pm on Saturdays. It also announced that education institutions and marriage halls will reopen from September 15.
Comments: 0

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *