KARACHI: The novel COVID-19 has claimed two more lives and infected at least 339 people during the past 24 hours in Sindh province.
Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah Friday said that two more patients of COVID-19 lost their lives during the last 24 hours, lifting the death toll to 2543 and 339 new cases emerged when 10,615 samples were tested raising the tally to 139,910.
The chief minister added that 182 more patients recovered raising the number of patients recovered so far to 132,559 that came to a 95 percent recovery rate.
He said that 10,615 tests were conducted against which 339 cases were detected that constituted a 3.1 percent detection rate.
The CM Sindh said that so far 1,457,083 samples have been tested which diagnosed 13,910 cases all over Sindh that came to a 10 percent overall detection rate.
According to CM Murad, presently 4808 patients are under treatment, of the 2543 in-home isolation, six at isolation centers and 301 at different hospitals. The condition of 187 patients is stated to be critical, including 23 shifted to ventilators.
Syed Murad Ali Shah said that out of 339 new cases, 194 have been detected from Karachi, including 75 from South, 70 East, 24 Central, 12 Korangi and eight Malir.
Shaheed Benazirabad has 15 cases, Hyderabad 12, Badin 10, Sujawal nine, Sukkur seven, Jamshoro and Larkana six each, Mirpurkhas and Tando Allahyar five each, Kambar and Matiari four each, Khairpur, Shikarpur and Umderkot two each, Ghotki, Kashmore and Naushehroferoze one each.
Syed Murad said everyone should follow the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to contain the spread of coronavirus.