Follow Us on Google News
The Pakistani government issues passports to its citizens to facilitate their international travels and ensure their protection abroad.
Possessing a valid Pakistani passport grants its holder the right to seek assistance from Pakistani diplomatic and consular representatives while in foreign countries.
In foreign lands, a passport serves as the sole document verifying the identity of its holder.
The Directorate General of Immigration & Passports, operating under the Ministry of Interior, is responsible for processing passport applications and issuing passports to citizens based on set requirements.
To obtain a new Pakistan passport, citizens residing in the country must visit their respective Regional Passport Office.
The process for applying for a new Machine Readable Passport (MRP) at Regional Passport Offices in Pakistan involves the following steps:
- Arriving at the Customer Service Counter.
- Verifying fees, capturing photographs, and issuing tokens.
- Capturing biometrics/fingerprints.
- Data entry.
- Verification against office records (ECL/BL).
- Interview and decision by an Assistant Director.
- Passport delivery (collection).
The fee structure for obtaining a new Pakistan passport is as follows: