It was yesterday when news broke about a Pakistan military helicopter losing contact with the air traffic control and in no time it went missing.
The missing helicopter was last detected in the Lasbela district of Pakistan’s southwestern Balochistan province.
Here is everything you need to know about the missing military chopper:
- The Pakistan Army aviation helicopter including six officers was on flood relief operations in Balochistan’s Lasbela.
- It went missing last evening after it lost contact with air traffic control (ATC).
- The crash reportedly took place between Windar and the Sassi Punnu Shrine in Balochistan in which all six officers including the corps commander were martyred.
- The martyrs include Brigadier Amjad Hanif, Brigadier Muhammad Khalid, Major Saeed Ahmed, Major Talha Manan, and Naik Mudassar Fayyaz.
- The helicopter accident happened due to bad weather conditions.
- Balochistan Police have confirmed that the wreckage of Corps Commander Quetta’s helicopter been recovered, which was found near the Sassi Pannu shrine.