ISLAMABAD: The federal government today (Friday) has issued detailed guidelines in order to contain the coronavirus outbreak during the period of Eid-ul-Azha.
According to a document, the Health Ministry issued the guidelines are for the general public, buyers or sellers of animals, and local administration regarding social distancing, the slaughter of animals, and Eid prayers.
The document stated, “Public should only undertake minimal necessary travel during these Eid Holidays as it is likely to fall in the peak period of Pandemic in Pakistan.”
“Social visits at Eid and general family get-togethers should be avoided. Eid shopping should only be restricted to minimal essentials and crowding in markets is not advisable,” it added.
Following are the guidelines issued by the Health Ministry:
Social Distancing at Animal Markets
– The local authorities should encourage the trend of online buying, and e selling of the animals as much as possible in cities/towns.
– The authorities should allocate large enough spaces away from generally populated areas for Animal Markets.
– Local authorities must ensure that every individual visiting the marker (buyer/seller) must wear a face mask.
– Local authorities must ensure the availability of thermal guns at the entrance and allow customers only after checking the temperature.
– Local authorities must designate an individual at the entrance and exit of the market with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Do not allow the customer with cough and flu to enter the market.
– To ensure space does not get crowded, allow people to enter the market only in small groups at intervals.
– Every seller must wear the face mask as per the Government’s order. Each salesperson must ensure the use of gloves for touching the animals.
– The seller should wash hands with soap and water frequently or use an alcohol-based (70%) hand sanitizer.
– The seller should set up their stalls at a distance of at least 2 meters from each other while having adequate space for their own animals.
-Seller and customers should maintain a safe distance of 2 meters among each other. Seller and customer must not shake hands or maintain any other physical contact.
– Any seller, if sick or have symptoms such as cough, fever etc., is not allowed to sell animals in the market.
– The buyer must wear a surgical/medical mask as per the Government orders.
– Do not go to the market if you are suffering from fever, cough or flu. Make sure to sanitize your hands before and after visiting the market.
– Do not touch animals without gloves. Avoid touching the surfaces in the market unnecessarily. Maintain 2 meters distance from the salesperson or other customers within the market.
The preventive measures that should be followed during slaughtering activity are:
– The site of slaughtering should be away from the general public and living areas.
– Crowding at slaughtering should be avoided. Practice physical distancing.
– Cough or sneeze into bent elbows. If not, disposable tissue should be used to cover the mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
-Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth, especially when hands are not clean. Use gloves and masks.
– Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 40-60 seconds. If soap and water are not available, rub your hands for 20-30 seconds with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.