England v France: kickoff time, venue, stats and odds
England plays France in the quarter-finals of the World Cup on Saturday.
When: Saturday, Dec. 10, 2200 local (1900 GMT/1400 ET)
Where: Al Bayt Stadium, Al Khor
Odds (after 90 minutes)
England win: 21/10
France win: 7/5
* England has scored 12 goals in four games at this year’s World Cup – the joint most at a single major tournament, level with their 2018 World Cup run when they reached the semi-finals.
* Kylian Mbappe has scored five times in four games, surpassing his goal tally from his previous appearance in the tournament in 2018, when France won the World Cup.
* Harry Kane overtook Gary Lineker as England’s all-time top scorer at major tournaments, with his goal against Senegal taking his tally to 11. With 52 goals for England, he is one behind Wayne Rooney’s all-time record.
* France are the first reigning champions to reach the World Cup quarter-finals since Brazil in 2006. Spain and Germany suffered group-stage exits in 2014 and 2018.
* England holds the upper hand over 31 previous meetings, with 17 wins compared to France’s nine, but 10 of those victories were before 1950. England have lost four times and won twice this century.
* The teams have met twice at World Cups, with England winning on both occasions – 2-0 in 1966 group stage en route to winning their only title and 3-1 in 1982, when they were eliminated in the second group stage.