All classes across Sindh to resume from September 28

KARACHI: Sindh Education and Labour Minister Saeed Ghani has announced that all classes, both primary and secondary, across Sindh will resume from September 28.

“Academic activities will revive in all schools in Sindh from September 28”, Saeed Ghani said while addressing a press conference in Karachi today (Friday).

He also pointed out that few schools were sealed over two reasons including the detection of coronavirus cases and calling primary students by violating government orders.

“There are still a lot of problems in multiple schools but the government is ensuring the strict implementation of SOPs,” he said, adding that they have left a lot of decisions to the schools and parents while forming the SOPs.

The provincial minister informed that there had been no disruption as such in the reopening of schools. “It was only the second phase of reopening that had been delayed by only a week,” he added.

“Now as we resume the reopening of schools, Sindh has decided that very strict enforcement of safety measures will be ensured,” he said, requesting the school managements and parents to instill in children the importance of following the precautionary measures.

Ghani also advised parents to stop letting students travel in vans and buses, and suggested that the parents should pick and drop children themselves.

While stressing the importance of social distancing, he said, “I will be making surprise visits to both public and private schools to oversee the situation,” adding that schools not following the instructions will be fined or even sealed.

Comments: 0

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *